Friday 7 March 2014

Question 2

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary tasks?
What I will talk about:
Digipak:
·         Does it fulfil its purpose?
·         Is it appropriate for your target audience?
·         How does it combine with the music video?
·         How does it combine with the advert?
Advert:
·         Does it fulfil its purpose?
·         Is it appropriate for your target audience?
·          How does it combine with the Digipak?
Digipak




Does it fulfil its purpose?
My digipak uses the typical conventions of existing digipaks. Before I created my digipak I researched many different digipaks from the same genre of my song. I found out that all of the digipaks in the indie rock genre includes the artist on the front cover, the artist name (which for most of them is bigger than the picture of the artist), track list, spine and additional photos of the band. I have included all the essential information into my digipak and so I feel that it fulfils its purpose.
Is it appropriate for your target audience?
I think my digipak is appropriate for my target audience because I aim my audience at the young generation who are about 15-25. It is specifically aimed at young males who have lost someone close to them as that is what the video is about, but can also be for females. I made the digipak very translucent (adding blue overlays to make it seem colder) this is because it represents the song. I also used the band members on the front so fans of the band will recognise them and want to get it. A more obvious look at my digipak shows that it is a group of attractive males so there could be a female audience that like the digipak because they think the members are ‘hot’. Overall I think my digipak is appropriate for my target audience.
How does it combine with the music video?
My music video is based on the band performing the song ‘Colder’. My digipak combines well with this because both the settings are the same for the video and the digipak. I have also linked the two together by having the name of the track as the name of the digipak and also having the lyrics for ‘Colder’ in the digipak. I feel that the digipak combines well with the video.


Advert:

Does it fulfil its purpose?
I think my advert does fulfil its purpose because it consists of all the important features which includes the artists name, album name, when the album is released and the artists hashtag and facebook page. The advert is to promote the album and urge people to want to buy it. I think I have done this successfully with my advert as I researched different existing music magazines adverts and included all the features I stated above.
Is it appropriate for your target audience?
Similar to my digipak, my advert is aimed at young people aged between 15-25. My advert has a blurred image of all the band on it and so people who have seen the music video will understand the technique that I used in making my video. If the liked the video and then see the advert it may then make them want to buy the album. Overall I think my advert is appropriate for my target audience as it is promoting the artist, the video and the album.
 How does it combine with the digipak?
The digipak combines well with the advert because I used the same tools on photoshop to create them (blue overlay). I also used the front of the digipak in my advert. Also as they are both shot in the same location it indicates that the same message is being explained in both products and that if you have seen the advert you will know what to look for. This means that using the same theme would increase peoples memory of the album.
What would I change?

In all, I am happy with the outcome of my ancillary tasks. I really enjoyed creating my advert and digipak and I am proud of what I achieved. Even though they look realistic and professional I would say the only thing I would change would be to be more adventurous in the photos that I took because I think they are all a bit the same.  But in all I am happy with what I accomplished 

No comments:

Post a Comment